It is the oldest building in the village. The Church was originally built in Gothic style but was rebuilt in 1743 in Baroque style. Side altars date from the 18th century. A wall around the church encloses an old, abandoned graveyard. Only some graves still marked, including the grave of two France Prešeren's sisters (Katra and Jera), built into the church facade.