Day after day we are closer to the memories of the year 1538, when the Ruard family began shaping the Old Sava with their mansion. And to all the years that followed.
In 1538 Italian family Bucelleni moved to Stara Sava. They built a manor and a foundry, which earned a lot of money in a short period of time. The family became the owner of ironmaking plants and mines in the entire Upper Sava valley. In the 17th century the family was awarded a noble title. They became barons with title »von Reichenberg« which is German name for Savske jame where they had mines. In 1686 the Bucellenis became even counts but their fame had been slowly diminishing. The fundamental element of their success was ironmaking, which started to face problems and the Bucellenis were forced to sell their plants and the manor. Valentin Ruard, a Belgian merchant, bought them in 1766. Three generations of the Ruards lived in the manor. Valentin's son Leopold was the mayor of Jesenice in the time of Illyrian Provinces (1809-1813). His son Viktor unsuccessfully tried to modernise ironmaking production. As a result, Carniolan Industrial Company acquired Sava plants and the Manor in 1871. Later on, Manor premises were changed into flats for clerks. In 1954 the Manor became a museum, nowadays housing ironmaking collection with the presentation of models of settlements and facilities. In addition, the exhibition includes several objects, belonging to the Jesenice foundry worker, charcoal burner and blacksmith. There is also a collection of fossils and rocks from western Karavanke.