The centre of the village of Planina pod Golico is Church of Holy Cross, built in the 17th century for local miners. It has had its own priest since 1844 so that local people could attend the holy service in their own church (they had been going to Jesenice church until then). In 1899 the village became a parish. Today the Church is renovated and well maintained and it serves its purpose. It is built in simple Baroque style with an interesting bell tower.